Hi everyone, today I have an almost one layer card for you guys!
Now, what I consider a one layer card is maybe not what others consider a one layer card, but it’s really hard for me to make these, because I love adding dimension, so I guess this is almost as much one layer as it will get ;-)
I started this card by die cutting a stitched rectangle panel from Canson XL Cold Press Watercolor Paper with one of my Crea-Nest-Lies XXL dies. Next I created a design on the panel by stamping the different stamps from the Stampin’Up “Make a Medallion” stamp set repeatedly with Versamark on the watercolour panel with my MISTI and heat embossing with clear embossing powder.
For my next step I applied different colours of Distress Ink over the heat embossed parts with a foam applicator tool. For this step I used the colours “Broken China” and “Twisted Citron”. It made all the heat embossed stamped elements show but it also was still very light. And since this card is meant for my farther to thank him for helping in our garden I wanted to give it a more grungy/menly feel. I decided to ad a bit of “ink smooshing” over the first layer to reach the design I was going for. For the “ink smooshing” I used the above mentioned colours of Distress Ink and also “Vintage Photo”. If you’re not familiar with this technique called “ink smooshing” I will link to one of my previous posts where I explain more about how this technique works: http://www.makeyourlifecolourful.com/single-post/2017/06/24/Male-Card-with-Ink-Smooshing
After drying the panel with my heat tool I added one of the sentiments from the same stamp set with Versamark and Ranger “Queen’s Gold” embossing powder and I also added some splatters with the “Bronze” PearlColor from one of my FineTec sets (this embossing powder and the pearl color are very close in tone to each other). Somehow this just didn’t looked good enough (the sentiment got a little lost in the rest of the design) so I decided to cut a banner from a piece of vellum with the smallest banner from the Lawn Fawn “Everyday Sentiment Banners” die set and heat embossing the same sentiment again on this vellum banner. That looked way much better!
With vellum it's always a challenge how to adhere the vellum to the card without showing the glue ... So, after die cutting a bigger rectangle with one of the regular rectangle Crea-Nest-Lies XXL dies out of some slightly shimmery brown linen textured card stock (in about the same colour as the Vintage Photo ink), that I adhered to the watercolour panel with liquid glue, I taped the vellum banner on the back of the biggest panel with regular tape and on the front I adhered it with some see-through tape runner from Crafter’s Companion.
For my last step I adhered the brown panel tot a crème coloured linen textured card base with one millimetre thick foam tape.
And that finishes today’s card. I hope you enjoyed!