Hi everyone, you probably didn’t noticed but I was on summer vacation for a couple of weeks and though our vacation didn’t turned out the way we planned or hoped for (due to family circumstances), we did manage to have an awesome day at the zoo yesterday. We went to “Ouwehand’s Dierenpark“ in Rhenen, the Netherlands. Amongst all the wonderful animals we saw these beautiful flamingo’s. The weather was also nice for a change, so we really enjoyed ourselves.
But, back to the card at hand: I don’t know why, but today I felt like creating an autumn card. I used a The Paper Shelter image called “Cozy Winter Wishes “, it’s a digital stamp and I printed on regular printer paper. I used only a part of the image by die cutting the piece I wanted with one of my dies from rectangle Crea-Nest-Lies XXL die set.
Then I started colouring the image using my Bruynzeel coloured pencils (these are an inexpensive brand of pencils, used by children and adults alike, you can buy a tin with 50 pencils for around 10 euros). The pencils don’t have a name or number on them but I basically used warm red browns, regular browns, olive greens and grey-blues . I also used one Faber Castell Polychromos coloured pencil (nr. 146) because the set of Bruynzeel coloured pencils doesn’t come with a light blue (but that’s about the only flaw).
After I finished colouring I die cut a slightly larger stitched rectangle, using a die from one of the other Crea-Nest-Lies XXL die sets, from some slightly shimmery linen textured matching brown card stock. I put liquid glue on this piece of card stock, spread it with my fingers and adhered the coloured image on there (this way you don't get ugly splotches from the glue because the printer paper is very thin).
Next I die cut a bigger stitched rectangle, using the same die set as before, from some kraft card stock. This piece went through my Big Shot with a embossing folder featuring leaves (no name brand), which matches the autumn theme nicely. I also die cut a slightly larger rectangle from some matching red card stock and adhered both pieces together using liquid glue.
To bring some of the green from the coloured image back in the rest of the card I choose some “Holly Green“ bakers twine from The Ribbon Girl, wrapped that around the panel and adhered to the back using regular tape.
Then I started working on the sentiment: I die cut a banner using the smallest die in the Lawn Fawn “Everyday Sentiment Banners “ die set from some black card stock and stamped one of the sentiments from the Altenew “Persian Motifs “ stamp set on the banner using VersaMark ink and heat embossing with Stampendous “Detail White “ embossing powder.
I adhered the coloured image with his mat on the card using one millimetre thick foam tape and adhered the banner on top with see through tape runner and one millimetre thick foam tape, wrapping the additional part around the back and adhering with regular tape. Then I adhered these combined panels to a white linen textured card base using one millimetre thick foam tape.
As my finishing touch I used some Cartwright’s Sequins in the colour “Satin Gold“ in different sizes, which I adhered using Ranger Medium Matte.
And that’s it for today! I hope you enjoyed!
I would like to submit this card to the following challenges:
- SSS Monday Challenge: Food and/or Drink (for the squirrel):
- The Paper Shelter Challenge: Anything Goes: