top of page

It’s time for a Happy Dance!

Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing well! Today I created two cards that I started in a different way then usual: normally I begin a card with colouring or creating the main focal image, but today I started with pieces for the background.

In January I created these cards: and I had a couple of small pieces of the handmade salt with watercolour backgrounds left that I didn’t wanted to throw away, so, they sat on my desk for a long time, but today was the day to create something with them.

I was able to salvage four small die cut pieces (two of each colour) of this handmade salt with watercolour paper. I figured I could combine them with some small stamped images and in my stash I found this cute lizard doing a happy dance. The stamp is from Your Next Stamp and is called “Mini Happy Dance” (there is a larger set also, I think the lizard is a little bigger in that set and he has a fun companion).

I stamped the image twice on some Strathmore Bristol Smooth Surface paper with Versafine “Onyx Black” ink and clear heat embossed afterwards (like I always do when using my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers).

Then I started colouring. I planned on creating two cards so I used two different sets of markers: for the first card, with the brown lizard, I used: Light Brown, Brown, Yellow, Geranium Red, Olive Green and Haze Blue. For the green lizard on my second card I used: May Green, Deep Green, Wine Red, Dark Gray, Deep Brown, Light Gray and Light Blue. I combined the Zig Markers with my Pentel Waterbrush.

After the images were dry I die cut around them with a stitched square nesting die and I also cut a slightly bigger mat in a matching colour (this same colour card stock is used also for the mat for the background panel). I edged the green square with ColorBox “Evergreen” ink.

I figured out my card design with the parts I already created and felt that something was missing in the background, so I decided to stamp a piece of the Studio Light background stamp with number STAMPSL180 on the background panel to create a more interesting look. For the card with the brown lizard I used Versafine “Crimson Red” ink and for the card with the green lizard Versafine “Vintage Sepia” ink.

Next I stamped the sentiments: the first sentiment comes in the set with the lizard and the second sentiment is from the Altenew “Persian Motifs” stamp set. I stamped both with Versafine “Onyx Black” ink and using my MISTI.

And to finish these cards I adhered all the elements on a white linen textured card base: the two bigger rectangles are adhered together with liquid glue and then stuck to the card base with one millimetre thick foam tape. The watercolour pieces are adhered with liquid glue and the off set squares adhered together with liquid glue and foam taped to the rest of the card (with one millimetre thick foam tape).

That’s it for today! Hope you enjoyed and until the next time, have a creative day!

Taal herkennen


Spraakfunctielimiet is 200 tekens

Opties : Geschiedenis : Feedback : Donate


#YourNextStampsMiniHappyDance #zigcleancolorrealbrushmarker #StudioLightSTAMPSL180

bottom of page