Hi everyone, today I have a fun and easy card for you featuring several Stampin‘ Up goodies.
To get my card started I die cut a rectangle from some strong black mat card stock. Then I ran this rectangle panel through my Sizzix Big Shot with a Stampin‘ Up embossing folder called “Garden Trellis“. This already looks pretty but with my next step it will look fabulous!
Now I’m going to use some gilding wax on top of this embossed piece. I used Treasure “Pewter“ and Pebeo “King Gold“ gilding wax. Just take a tiny bit on your finger and rub it over the embossed part and you have instant metallic fabulousness! I always start with the silver colour and then ad the gold later on This is such a fun and easy technique, also very suitable for masculine cards.
Next I’m going to work on my focal point: for this I choose the Stampin‘ Up “Dragonfly Dreams“ stamp set combined with the “Detailed Dragonfly“ thinlits die set, also by Stampin‘ Up. I stamped the dragonfly on vellum using VersaMark ink and then I heat embossed with Wow “Metallic Copper“ embossing powder. Then I die cut the image with the matching die. I also die cut the “open“ dragonfly in the same size, from some teal coloured vellum/parchment paper (but you can also use regular card stock (I just liked the colour). These two dragonflies I adhered together using see through tape runner.
For my sentiment I choose one of the sentiments from the same “Dragonfly Dreams“ stamp set, which I stamped on a piece of teal card stock (slightly lighter in colour than the teal vellum/parchment paper that I used before) using Versafine “Onyx Black“ ink. Then I used my scissors to cut a rectangle shape from this and I slightly distressed the edges for a fun added element. This sentiment I matted on a slightly larger piece of vellum. These two layers I adhered together using see through tape runner.
I choose a crème coloured linen textured card base and I die cut a slightly larger teal mat for my gilding wax panel from the same card stock that I used for the sentiment. This panel I also slightly distressed.
Now the only thing I have to do is to adhere the gilding wax panel to the slightly larger teal mat using liquid glue. Then I adhered these combined panels to the crème coloured card base using one millimetre thick foam tape. On top I adhered the dragonfly using a little bit of liquid glue and see through tape runner. I bended the second set of wings a little to make them less flat and the card more interesting. And to finish my card I adhered the sentiment to the card using one millimetre thick foam tape.
That’s it for today! I wish you a creative day!
#StampinUpGardenTrellis #StampinUpDragonflyDreams #GildingWax