Hi everyone, today I'm on the Lindy's Stamp Gang blog and I would like to show you this fun Spring themed flower card using a gorgeous combination of Lindy’s Stamp Gang colours.
I started with some Canson “XL Watercolor“ paper (mainly because it’s the same crème colour as the moulds that I will show you later on, you can use any watercolour paper you like though). Before stamping use your anti static powder tool. On the watercolour paper I stamped several of the flower and leaf images from the Altenew “Blooming Bouquet“ stamp set, using Versafine “Onyx Black“ ink and clear heat embossing afterwards using Lindy’s Stamp Gang “Clearly Clear“ Embossing Powder (I stamp twice over the same image using my MISTI, then sprinkle the embossing powder on, it adheres to the wet ink, tab of the excess and then heat emboss). This way the stamped lines stay nice, crisp and black, no matter how much water I add.
Colour the flower and leaf images that you have stamped using some gorgeous Lindy’s Stamp Gang colours: Magical “Poppin‘ Pink“, “Drop Dead Gorgeous Green“ and Spray “Kissin‘ Kenickie Coral“. I use a fan brush to transfer some of the powder to my palette, then I add water and mix with a small brush that I also use to paint the images. I feel it’s best to work in layers, especially paying attention to where the shadows of the image would be (for example if the sun would hit the flower from the top left corner, leaves/petals that are on top of each other cast a shadow as well). Work until you like what you have!
If you have lost some of the highlights (sometimes it can be hard to not do that when the images are really small for example) then now is the time to add them back in using a white Gelly Roll Pen. On the left you can see the images without the highlights and on the right I added the highlights back in.
I created these moulds ahead of time because they need time to dry. The mould shape is from an Ebay seller, I used light weight air drying clay, and when ready I added a coat of The Crafter’s Workshop “Clear Gesso“ to prime the moulds (because I’m going to add lots of water later on, I wanted the moulds to be protected as much as possible, they hold up very nicely I must say). In the end I only used the two larger shapes that you can see in the picture.
I die cut a panel that is two sizes smaller then my card base, from the same watercolour paper that I used before. On this panel I stamped several of the leaf images that I also used before, using Archival Ink the colour “Watering Can“ (a grey colour). When dry I adhered the moulds to the paper using The Crafter’s Workshop “Matte Gel Medium“ and a brush (wash the brush afterwards).
I also fussy cut the leafs and flowers shapes that I painted before, leaving a small border.
Now I’m going to add colour to the background panel with the moulds attached. I used the same three colours that I used on the flowers / leaves to paint them. I started with “Poppin‘ Pink“: I used a fan brush to add some of the powder to my project, then I sprayed with water, which makes the colour run, and then I dried when I liked what I had, using a heat tool.
Next I used the “Drop Dead Gorgeous Green“ colour (adding the colour more on top of the moulds) and lastly the “Kissin‘ Kenickle Coral“ colour (I used a brush to ad this last colour to the project and then sprayed with water).
Lastly I splattered with the bright pink colour on the project for some added fun detail (I used the mixture that was left from colouring the flower and I used a brush for splattering).
I totally love how the Lindy’s Stamp Gang colours react with the moulds, the colours stay bright and they adhere perfectly!
Next I created my sentiment: I choose a sentiment from the Kennedy Grace Creations stamp set called “Grace’s Little Note“, I stamped the text on two pieces of black card stock using VersaMark ink and then I heat embossed using Lindy’s Stamp Gang “Purely White“ embossing powder. To create a nice crisp text it’s important to use your anti static powder tool on the paper before stamping with the ink. Then I trimmed the strips with my scissors in the shape that I wanted.
Now I can put my card together. I die cut a slightly larger mat from some matching dusty pink card stock and adhered the watercolour panel with the moulds on top using liquid glue. This combination I adhered to a crème coloured linen textured card base, also using liquid glue.
I created a lay out that I liked on top of the moulds using the fussy cut elements and the sentiment and then adhered it using foam tape and Ranger Multi Medium Matte.
And as my finishing touch I added some Pretty Pink Posh “Sparkling Clear Sequins“ in different sizes, also adhering them using the Matte Medium.
Some detail pictures:
These are the Lindy’s Stamp Gang products I used on today’s project:
Spray: Kissin‘ Kenickie Coral
And that’s it for today’s fun project! I wish you a creative day!
#AltenewBloomingBouquet #LSGClearlyClearembossingpowder #LSGPoppinPink #LSGDropDeadGorgeousGreen #LSGKissinKenickieCoral #TCWClearGesso #TCWMatteGelMedium #LSGPurelyWhiteembossingpowder #PrettyPinkPoshSparklingClearSequins