Hi everyone, today I would like to show you my inspiration for the Lindy’s Stamp Gang June Color Challenge Mood Board. These colours made me instantly think of oranges and that’s why I choose the Studio Katia “Citrus Trimmings” stamp set to work with.
This is what this month’s mood board looks like!
I stamped the image onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth Surface paper using Versafine “Onyx Black” ink and then I clear heat embossed using Lindy’s Stamp Gang “Clearly Clear” embossing powder.
Then I started colouring the image using Lindy’s Stamp Gang “Orange Creamsicle” Magical, water and a small brush. I try to create a 3D feeling of depth in the image by adding shadows and highlights. I transfer some of the powder to my palette using a fan brush and then add water create a paint to work with.
Next I added some green to the leaves using Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magical in “Bells of Ireland Green”.
Working further on the image until all the area’s that I want to colour are coloured: adding more layers to darken the shadows on the oranges using Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magical in “Tears of my Pillow Tangerine” and adding “Azure Sea Asters” around the image (because this will also be my background colour).
Now I’m starting to work on my background: I die cut a rectangle panel, two sizes smaller then my card base, from watercolour paper. I stamped one of the sentiments from the same Studio Katia stamp set on the panel using Archival Ink in “Jet Black”. Then I apply some The Crafter’s Workshop White Modeling Paste over a The Crafter’s Workshop stencil (TCW5005) using a palette knife and set that aside to dry.
When dry I add a little of the “Azure Sea Asters” Magical to the panel using a fan brush, spray with water, which makes the colour run and dry with my heat tool when I like what I have. This I repeat until the colour is dark enough to my liking.
I had some of the green paint that I created earlier on left in my palette and the background needed something extra so I splattered with that colour using a brush.
Then I fussy cut the citrus image leaving a small border and added some highlights using a white Gelly Roll Pen.
I also cut a strip of vellum five centimetres wide and distressed the edges a little.
Now I’m ready to put my card together: I die cut a slightly larger panel from matching green card stock and adhered the background panel and the green panel together using liquid glue. Then I wrapped the vellum strip around the panel and adhered on the back using regular tape. I used the vellum strip to create more distance between the background and the front image, I just felt it looked better!
This combination I adhered to my crème coloured linen textured card base using one millimetre thick foam tape and now the only thing I have to do to finish my card is to adhere the citrus image on top also using one millimetre thick foam tape.
Some detail pictures:
And that’s it for today’s project! I wish you a creative day!
#StudioKatiaCitrusTrimmings #LSGClearlyClearEmbossingPowder #LSGOrangeCreamsicle #LSGMagicalBellsofIrelandGreen #TCWWhiteModelingPaste #TCW5005stencil