Hi everyone, today I would like to show you this cute boy birthday card. I always find it harder to create cards for boys/men then for girls/women, but I also feel that by steering away from the flowers and bling section of my craft room it usually ends well!
So, to get today’s card started I stamped the image from the Lili of the Valley stamp set called “Little Folk - Just Chilling“ onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth Surface paper using Versafine “Onyx Black“ ink and clear heat embossing afterwards.
Then I coloured the image using my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and using my Pentel Aquabrush. I used the following colours: Yellow, Bright Yellow, Pale Green, Light Green, May Green, Pale Pink, Oatmeal, Brick Beige, Green Gray, Mid Brown, Haze Blue, Light Blue, Cornflower Blue, Dull Blue and Blue.
When the colouring was done and the image was dry I die cut around it using one of my square stitched nesting dies in the size that I wanted. I also used a regular square nesting die set to die cut a slightly larger yellow panel that I edged with Gina K. Designs ink in the colour “Wild Dandelion“ (to create a more defined edge).
Then I started working on the background panel: for this I die cut a stitched rectangle panel from some crème coloured card stock. On this panel I stamped a Stampin‘Up background stamp called “Hardwood“ using Versafine “Vintage Sepia“ ink, to create an interesting background for my coloured image. I also die cut a slightly larger rectangle panel from some matching dark blue card stock that I edged with Versafine “Majestic Blue“ ink.
I adhered the wooden background panel onto the blue panel using liquid glue and then adhered the first the yellow square (off set) and the the coloured image, using one millimetre thick foam tape between each layer.
Next I started working on my sentiment: for this I stamped one of the sentiments from the Joy Crafts stamp set with number 6410/0021 onto a scrap piece of Strathmore Bristol Smooth Surface paper using Versafine “Onyx Black“ ink. In English the sentiment reads “Congratulations“.
I die cut a banner around the sentiment using the middle sized die in the Lawn Fawn “Everyday Sentiment Banners“ die set. I also die cut a larger banner shape from some matching green card stock using the largest banner die in this set. I edged this green banner shape using Distress Ink in the colour “Mowed Lawn“.
I adhered the two banners together using liquid glue and then adhered some two millimetre foam tape on the back, put the banner on my project and folding it around the back on the left hand side.
And then I’m ready to finish this card by adhering the combined panels to a matching yellow coloured card base using one millimetre foam tape.
Isn’t this the most adorable image ever, totally love it!
I wish you’ll a creative day!