Hi everyone, today I have another colour challenge project to show you featuring some gorgeous Lindy’s Stamp Gang products.
Sympathy cards are one of these cards that mean a lot to the recipient but are not a lot of fun to make when you need them on short notice, that’s why I always have one of two at hand to grab.
These are the colours of this month’s mood board:
Somehow these colours made met think of a sympathy card, so that’s what we are creating today!
I started my project by stamping the flower images from the Studio Light stamp set STAMPSL379 onto some Strathmore Bristol Smooth Surface paper using Versafine “Onyx Black” ink and heat embossing afterwards using Lindy’s Stamp Gang embossing powder in “Clearly Clear”.
Then I coloured the flowers using a small brush and some Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magical in “Bodacious Blush”, Spray in “Salt Water Taffy” and a little around the image using Magical Shaker in “Stormy Silver”, in combination with a small brush.
When the colouring was done I added some highlights using a white Gelly Roll Pen and fussy cut the images leaving a small border.
For my background panel I first die cut a piece of watercolour paper in the size that I wanted (two sizes smaller then my card base). Then I applied some The Crafter’s Workshop “Light & Fluffy Modeling Paste” over a The Crafter’s Workshop stencil (TCW854s) using a palette knife and set that aside to dry.
When dry I started to add the Stormy Silver colour that I used before to the panel in little bits at a time. Spraying the colour with water, which makes it run, and then drying what I had. This I did several times until I liked the end result and the colours were dark enough to make the flowers contrast with the background.
Then I’m ready to put my card together: I die cut a slightly larger panel from some matching reddish brown mirror card stock and adhered the background panel to this panel using liquid glue.
Next I stamped one of the sentiments from the Clearly Besotted “Many Mini Messages” stamp set onto a scrap of black card stock using VersaMark ink and heat embossing with Lindy’s Stamp Gang “Purely White” embossing powder.
To create a banner I die cut around the sentiment using the middle sized die from the Lawn Fawn “Everyday Sentiment Banners” die set. This banner I adhere to the combined panels using one millimetre thick foam tape and wrapping it around the back on the left hand side.
Now all I have to do is to adhere this combination to a white linen texture card base using one millimetre thick foam tape and adhering the flower images on top, also using one millimetre thick foam tape.
And that’s it for today’s project! I wish you a creative day!