Hi everyone, today I would like to show you this fun and easy card project for which I used a circle shaped card base and some Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers to colour the magnolia image with.
I started my project by die cutting my circle shaped card base using a square card base and using a large circle die to cut my base. The only thing you have to make sure of is that the part of the die that is sticking out is on the fold side!
Then I decided what size my inner circle shapes should be like. I wanted the sentiment to be on the card base itself and matched my inner shapes to leave enough room for that.
The smallest circle shape I then die cut from some Strathmore Bristol Smooth Surface paper. On this circle I stamped the two magnolia flower shapes from the Studio Light STAMPSL380 stamp set, using Versafine “Onyx Black” ink and clear heat embossing afterwards.
Now I’m ready to colour the image using the vibrant Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers in the following colours: Tulip, and then a little added Fuchsia, using only the small nib; and for the rest of the image Chocolate, Olive and Moss. And around the image a little Aquamarine.
I love using these markers in combination with my aqua brush. I apply the colour directly to the paper and then add water to blend the colour outwards. It’s easiest if you apply the colour to the paper on a spot where the shadow will go and wash out the colour with water in the direction of the highlights (where the sun would naturally hit, I always pretend that the sun comes from the top left hand corner).
When the colouring was done I added some additional highlights using a white Gelly Roll Pen.
Then I die cut a slightly larger mat from some matching olive green card stock and adhere both circle panels together using liquid glue.
On my card base panel I then stamped a combination of sentiments from the Altenew stamp set called “Reason to Smile” using the same black ink as before.
To finish my card I now only have to adhere the combination of circles that I created before on this card base using one millimetre thick foam tape. I made sure that the sentiment was well visible!
And that’s it for today’s fun project! I wish you a creative day!