top of page

White heat embossing combined with Daniel Smith

Hi everyone, today I would like to show you a fun card where I use white heat embossing as my base and then I add colour to the project to enhance the stamped image.

Step 1: To get my card started I first used an anti-static powder tool on my die cut rectangle panel (Clairefontaine Multi-Techniques á Grain (the blue one) paper), then I stamped the flower image from an Impression Obsession stamp set with number J16149 onto this panel using VersaMark ink. I heat embossed using Stampendous “Detail White” embossing powder.

For this technique you can better choose and image with not too many details and preferably no critters images (because the eyes will be white as well).

My next step is to lay down the base colours that I want to use on my project. For this I choose some Daniel Smith watercolours paints: “Quin. Deep Gold”, “Sap Green” and “Ultramarine Blue” in a light wash and with a small brush, deciding where my highlights and my shadows will go.

Step 2:

Next I’m deepening the colours more to create a better contrast and more depth in my image. I also added some “Quin. Sienna” to the top part of my flower.

Step 3:

To make the flower stand out even more I’m darkening all the colours of the flower and it’s surroundings with all the of the previously using colours, creating a darker hue of these colours by adding in a bit of “Payne’s Blue Gray”. Be careful with this colour though, it’s very potent.

Work on the image until you like what you have!

Step 4:

Next I die cut a slightly larger mat from some matching green card stock and adhered both panels together using liquid glue. For my sentiment I choose one of the stamps from a Marianne Design stamp set called “Eline’s Words” and stamped this onto grey card stock using VersaMark ink and then I heat embossed with the same white embossing powder as before. From the sentiment I die cut a banner using a Crealies banner die. This banner I adhered to matching orange card stock using liquid glue and cut around it using my scissors leaving a small orange border. This sentiment banner I adhered to my project using one millimetre thick foam tape, wrapped it around the back on the right hand side and adhered there using regular tape.

Now all I have to do to finish my card is to adhere this combination to a white linen textured card base using one millimetre thick foam tape!

Detail picture:

And that’s it for today’s project! I wish you a creative day!

#ImpressionObsession #DanielSmithwatercolourpaints

bottom of page