Hi everyone, today I have this fun card to show you: it’s for a little three year old girl! To get started I stamped this cute Scrapberry’s “Panama Hat“ image onto some Strathmore “Marker“ paper (this paper is a bit more yellow coloured paper then I usually like, but it suited this image nicely and it takes the Copic marker ink really well. I used Memento “Tuxedo Black“ ink to stamp and also used my MISTI.
Then I started colouring this image using my Copic Sketch Markers. I used the following colours: B0000, B01, BG53,BG07, BG75, R0000, RV91, RV11, Y000, Y11, Y13, E50, E42, E55 and E57. I also brought back in some details using a white Gelly Roll pen.
When the ink was dry I die cut around the image using one of the circle nesting dies in my Crea-Nest-Lies XXL die set. And because I felt that a mat would look nice, but the next circle in size was to big for my liking, I just adhered the circle with the image on some light yellow linen textured card stock, using liquid glue, and then free hand cut around it using my Fiskars scissors.
For my card base I choose a crème coloured linen textured card base. I found some matching dark turquoise patterned paper in my stash that I die cut in the right size using one of the dies in my square Crea-Nest-Lies XXL die set and edging that piece with Distress Ink in the colour “Broken China“ to give it a bit more definition.
Next I started working on my sentiment: I wanted to use a Dutch sentiment so I choose one of the stamps in the “Eline’s words“ stamp set from Marianne Design (which spells “big kiss“ in Dutch). I stamped the sentiment onto some vellum using Versafine “Onyx Black“ ink and clear heat embossing afterwards. Then I die cut a banner around the sentiment using the Clearly Besotted “Long Flag Die“.
I adhered the circle shaped mats with the image, on top of the square panel using one millimetre thick foam tape and then adhered the banner using see through tape runner, folding it around the back and adhering to the back using regular tape. Then I adhered this combination to the crème card base using one millimetre thick foam tape.
And for my final embellishments I choose some buttons from my stash in different sizes and styles and some flat back rhinestones in matching colours which I adhered to the card using Ranger Medium Matte.
And that finishes today sweet and girly project. I hope you enjoyed and until the next time, I wish you a creative day!