Hi everyone, today I would like to show you all this easy colouring project! It’s a birthday card for one of my younger nephews and I know that he totally loves yellow and blue!
Let’s get started!
I started my project by stamping these cute mouses (Gomma-Mi stamp “1262-UMS”) onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth Surface paper using black ink and clear heat embossing afterwards. Since this is a red rubber stamp I wasn’t sure up front if the image would be strait so that is why I first stamped and then die cut a rectangle shape around the mouses, two sizes smaller then my card base.
After die cutting I stamped the sentiment from the Kaisercraft “Background Birthday Sentiments” stamp set using the same black ink.
Then I started colouring my image: I first used a base colour for my mouses, this is Spectrum Noir Aqua Marker in Slate for the most left mouse and Tan for the others. I always use my Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers in combination with an aqua-brush.
Then I added some Spectrum Noir Aqua Marker in Fawn to all the mouses followed with an additional layer of Slate and Tan.
For the most left mouse I used some Peach for his ears, and for the other mouses some Spice, a little darker in colour. For the light blue colour I choose the Aqua Marker in Aquamarine.
With all my colouring I try to create dimension, so for example with the balloon, I try to think that the balloon is hit by the light from the top left hand corner, so that part will be lightest and the bottom right hand corner will be darkest.
Next I added some Tan to the mouses’ shadows and some darker blue called Peacock blue to the lighter blue elements, finishing with a layer of the lighter blue colour over that, still trying to enhance the shape that each element has, paying attention to round elements and shadow parts.
Here I’m focusing of the last elements that need colour: I added Chocolate to the shadows of the mouses on the ground. Daffodil and Sunflower to the yellow elements. And to finish the colouring I added some Sea Green around the images, parts that are not the ground part, to create a bit of a contrast background colour.
All of the Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers used on today’s project are from the following sets: Essentials, Primary, Nature, Floral and Botanicals.
When the colouring is done and dry I added some highlights using a white Gelly Roll Pen.
And the rest of the card is kept simple: I die cut a slightly larger rectangle panel from some matching blue mirror card stock and adhered both panels together using liquid glue.
Tot finish the card I now only have to adhere this combination to a creme coloured linen textured card base using one millimetre thick foam tape.
And that’s it for today’s project! I wish you a creative day!