top of page

Christmas Plushies

Hi everyone, today I would like to share this fun Christmas card set with you all! As you can see the base is the same for all of them, only the added image on top is different for each card!

Step 1:

I started my card project by stamping the book shelf image from the Clearly Besotted stamp set “Bookworm” three times onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth Surface Paper using black ink and I clear heat embossing afterwards. I also stamped and heat embossed three plushies from the Clearly Besotted stamp set “Winter Plushies” stamp set in the same way.

Next I coloured all the images using the Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers and my water brush.

For the book shelf itself I used the colour Chocolate.

For the red tones I used Flame Red and Sepia.

For the reindeer I used Tawny and Fawn.

For the reindeers antler I used Slate.

For the blues I used Navy and Marine.

For the greens I used Forest an Evergreen.

For the skin tones I used Spice.

For the dark/almost black tones I used Bark.

For the white parts I used Flint.

For the areas around all the images I used Slate.

All of today’s markers are part of the following sets: Essentials, Primary, Nature, Brights, Earth and Landscape.

When the colouring is done and dry I add in some highlights using a white gel pen. Next I fussy cut the images leaving a small border.

Step 2:

Now that my focal points are ready I’m working on my background design. Each panel is created in the same way. I die cut a rectangle panel two sizes smaller than my card base. Next I stamped my sentiment (from the Stampin’Up stamp set “Flurry of Wishes”) using black ink and I heat embossed with clear embossing powder (as I did with the coloured images).

Now that I know where my images will be placed I placed my stencil of choice (13Arts by Maremi Small Art) on the panel and applied some Spectrum Noir Water-Reactive ink in “Sandstorm” over the stencil using a stencil brush (I looked for a stencil with a design that created the illustion of wall paper).

And to finish my backgrounds I splattered with a little Spectrum Noir Metallic ink in “Antique Bronze” using a brush and let that dry.

Step 3:

Now I’m ready to put my cards together: I die cut a slightly larger mat for each card using a dark green card stock, matching the green in my cards. I adhered both panels together using liquid glue. This combiniaton I adhered to my creme coloured linen textured card base using one millimetre thick foam tape.

And to finish my cards I now only have to adhere the coloured images on top also using one millimetre thick foam tape!

That is it for today! I wish you a creative day!

bottom of page