top of page

Double Flower

Hi everyone, today I would like to share this fun birthday card project with you all where I created a double look with only one stamp.

Step 1:

I stamped this image from Impression Obsession (H8889) onto watercolour paper using water-proof ink. Next I can start the colouring process. For today’s project I’m using my Spectrum Noir AquaBlend pencils. In this first step I mixed the Pineapple one with the Bright Green one (and since green contains yellow I don’t create brown). After applying both colours I activate them using my water brush.

Step 2:

For the leaves I picking the Aubergine colour. Also activating the colour with my water brush.

Step 3:

To darken the petals a bit I’m adding another layer using the Jungle Green pencil combined with the Pineapple one. Mixing them again using my water brush.

Step 4:

For some added interest in the leaves I’m adding some Rose to the purple mix. Again activating the colour with water.

Step 5:

And finally I colour around the image using the Aegean Blue pencil washing the colour outwards. After drying I add in some highlights using a white gel pen and than I fussy cut the image leaving a small border.

You can find all the Spectrum Noir AquaBlend pencils that I used on today’s project here:

Step 6:

Now that my focal image and first flower are finished I can work on my background: for this I die cut a rectangle panel from the same watercolour paper. I stamped the same flower image onto the panel, trying to create a lighter image than stamping the first flower and making sure I don’t stamp the entire stem of the flower. I also stamp my sentiment (Altenew “Birthday Builder”) onto this panel.

For colouring the second flower I use the same colours as I used for the first flower but with a lighter hand (so that I looks like the second flower is more in the background, further away from the viewer).

Step 7:

Time to put my card together: I die cut a slightly larger rectangle panel from matching purple card stock and adhere both rectangle panels together using liquid glue. This combination I adhere to my white linen textured card base using one millimetre thick foam tape. Next I adhere the fussy cut flower on top also using one millimetre thick foam tape and to finish my project I adhere some sparkling clear sequins using Ranger Medium Matte from the small bottle.

Detail picture:

And that is it for today, I wish you a creative day!

bottom of page