Hi everyone, today I’m on The Crafter’s Workshop blog to show you how you can create this masculine graduation card using lots of TCW supplies!
The Crafter’s Workshop provided me with some product to create this project. The opinions I share are solely my own. This post contains affiliate links.
I started my card project by die cutting a square panel from some heavy textured watercolor paper (Hahnemühle Cornwall Rough 450 gr) two sizes smaller than my card base. Use whatever watercolor paper you have.
On this panel I sprinkled some Ken Oliver Color Burst by The Crafter’s Workshop in “Orchid” from the Unicorn Magic set. I focused on the bottom right hand corner.
Next I sprayed the panel with water, which makes the color run, dabbed of some liquid from the edges (to create a lighter area there) and dried the panel with my heat tool.
Using the “Frosted Pine” Ken Oliver Liquid Metals from the The Crafter’s Workshop set called Holiday Liquid Metals set I created some droplets on the panel.
Then I sprayed the liquid drops with water, dabbing of some of the liquid using a paper kitchen towel, which creates a fun textured look and then drying the panel with my heat tool.
I temporarily adhered the watercolor background panel to my glass work surface (using some none-permanent tape on the back) and adhered my stencil of choice over the panel using low tack tape. For today’s project I choose a The Crafter’s Workshop stencil called “Script Words” (TCW832s).
Next I applied two colors of The Crafter’s Worshop Metallic Modeling Paste over the stencil, using two different palette knifes to not contaminate the colours in the bottles. I used my two favorite colours which are “Grecian Gold” and “Copper Penny”.
When I took of the stencil some of the paste did not adhere to the panel but did leave behind a watermark impression. I liked this result so I used the panel although not all of the paste adhered to the paper (maybe the paper was still slightly damp from the step before).
For my focal point I choose an image by Mo’s Digital Pencil called “Glad Grad Boy”, which I printed on alcohol marker friendly paper. Then I coloured the image using my Spectrum Noir Illustrator alcohol markers using the following colors: HB1, HB3, PL4, BT1, AG4, JG7, TN4, EB8, FS7, TN1, BG2 and IG2.
When the coloring was done I added back in some highlights using a white Sakura Gelly Roll pen. I just love how my images come to life by adding these highlights.
Then I fussy cut my image and cut out the inner parts using an Excel Blade K30 Rite-Cut Knife.
I die cut a slightly larger square background panel from some matte gold card stock and adhered both square panels together using liquid glue. I also created a sentiment banner by stamping my sentiment (from the Clearly Besotted “Many Mini Messages” stamp set) onto black card stock using VersaMark ink, heat embossing with Ranger White Detail Embossing Powder and cutting a banner shape around the sentiment using the middle sized die in the Lawn Fawn “Everyday Sentiment Banners” die set.
This banner I adhered to my combined square panels using one millimetre thick foam tape, wrapping the banner around the back on the left hand side and adhering there using regular tape. Next I adhered the grad boy image to the front also using one millimetre thick foam tape and to finish my card project I now only have to adhere this combination to my creme colored linen textured card base also using one millimetre thick foam tape.
And that’s it for today’s card project! I wish you a creative day!