Hi everyone, today I have another Christmas card project for you all!
I started my project by printing this digital image by Lili of the Valley called “Girl Sledging” onto alcohol marker friendly paper. Next I can start the colouring process and today I’m using my Spectrum Noir Tri-Blend Markers.
For the skin I used the Fair Skin Blend marker (FS7) and the Tan Blend Marker (TN1).
For the green parts I used the Jade Green Blend marker and the Jade Green Shades marker: JG1, JG3 and JG7.
For the red parts I used the Pale Pink Shades marker and the Dark Red Blend marker: PP4, PP5, DR1 and DR4.
For the snow and the grey parts I used the Ice Grey Blend marker and the Ice Grey Shades marker: IG2, IG4 and IG6.
For the browns I used the Earth Brown Blend marker and the Earth Brown Shades marker: EB1, EB3 and EB7.
For the wood on the sledge I used the Gold Brown Blend marker and the Gold Brown Shades marker: GB1, GB3, GB5 and GB6.
For the white fur parts on the clothing I used the Brown Grey Shades marker: only BG5.
And around the image I used the Ice Blue Blend marker: only IB1.
You can find all the Tri-Blend markers that I used on today’s project HERE!
Now that the colouring is done I can add in a few highlights using a white gel pen. I already die cut a square shape around the image, so it’s ready to go on my card project.
For my background I used a piece of green design paper that I cut to the size that is one size smaller than my card base. I also die cut a square panel that is slightly larger than my colouring project, using matching red card stock. Next I adhered both of the smallest square panels together using liquid glue.
For my sentiment I picked one of the sentiments from the Lili of the Valley stamp set called “Christmas Handwritten Phrases” which I stamped onto black card stock using VersaMark ink (which is sticky). I heat embossed the sentiment using WOW “Opaque Bright White” embossing powder. You get the nicest results if you use an anti-static powder tool before stamping!
I die cut a banner shape around the sentiment using the middle sized die in the Lawn Fawn “Everyday Sentiment Banners” die set. This banner I than matted onto matched ochre yellow card stock and cut to size using my scissors.
Next I adhered the two previously combined smaller square panels onto the larger green panel using one millimetre thick foam tape. Now I can adhere the sentiment banner that I created on top (using liquid glue and one millimetre thick foam tape), wrapping it around the back on the right hand side, and adhering on the back using regular tape.
And to finish the card I now only have to adhere this combination onto a white linen textured card base also using one millimetre thick foam tape.
That is it for today’s project! I wish you a creative day!