Hi everyone, today I would like to share this fun graduation card project with you all!
I stamped this (discontinued) image by Crealies (CLRS05) onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth Surface paper using a juicy black ink and I heat embossed directly afterwards using clear embossing powder. This way the black lines stay black and crisp, no matter how much water I add.
Now I can start the colouring process and today I’m using my Spectrum Noir Glitter markers. I wanted to see if I could create some nice olive green tones with the markers that I have so I mixed the blues with the yellows and this is what I came up with: I combined Yellow Cosmos with Cool Blue; and I combined Midnight Frost with Golden Glow. You can add as much yellow in each colour as you like until you have mixed the perfect green.
For colouring the flowers I used Electric Pink, Neon Pink and Utraviolet in combination with Carbon to darken the shadows a bit. Around the image I coloured with a very diluted Neon Blue.
I also used water in combination with a small brush to wash out the colours to create lighter tones and mix them.
After the colouring is done I added back in some highlights using a white gel pen.
Next I die cut around the image using a rectangle nesting die set. And the rest of the card is pretty easy: I stamped my sentiment (Clearly Besotted “Many Mini Messages” stamp set) onto black vellum using VersaMark ink and I heat embossed using Wow! “Opaque Vanilla White” embossing powder (you get the best results when you use an anti-static powder tool first). I die cut a banner around the sentiment using the smallest die in the Lawn Fawn “Everyday Sentiment Banners” die set.
Now I can die cut a rectangle panel one size smaller than my card base from design paper from my stash. I adhered both rectangle panels together using liquid glue. Next I adhered my sentiment banner using regular tape on the back and Crafter’s Companion Glue Tape Runner on the front. And to finish the card I now only have to adhere this combination onto a creme coloured linen textured card base using one millimetre thick foam tape!
And that is it for today’s card project! I wish you a creative day!