Hi everyone, today I’m sharing with you all this fun card project, suitable for some New Years wishes! Let’s get started!
To get my project started I printed this adorable image by The Paper Shelter, called “Cozy Winter Wishes”, onto alcohol marker friendly paper and I die cut a square shape around it. Now I can start the colouring process.
Today I’m colouring with my Spectrum Noir Illustrator alcohol markers:
For the skin I picked FS7 and TN1.
For the reddish coral tones I picked FS3, FS5, CR7, CR9 and CR11.
If you find it hard to decide where the highlights and shadows should go, than you can often find good examples online, of the image that you are colouring, and that you can use as a guideline!
For my teal turquoise colours I picked: BT1, BT4, BT6 and BT9.
For my browns I picked: GB1, GB5, EB5 and EB8.
For my greens I picked: LG1, AG2, YG2 and YG3.
To gave the air some colour using: TB1.
To colour the ground I used a combination of the brown and coral colours that I also used to colour the image.
As always I use my swatch book to pick the colours that I feel will combine nicely together, I don’t work just within one colour family of markers.
After the colouring is done I add in some highlights using a white gel pen.
Now that my focal image is done I can create the rest of the card design: for my background panel I decided on some matching reddish design paper that I cut to size, one size smaller than my card base.
To let the green come back in some other element I die cut a square panel slightly larger than my focal point, using matching olive green card stock, and I ahdered these panels together using liquid glue. This combination I can now adhere to my design paper using one millimetre thick foam tape.
For my sentiment I choose one of the sentiments from the Lili of the Valley stamp set called “Christmas Handwritten Phrases”. This sentiment I stamped on some black card stock using VersaMark ink and I heat embossed using Wow “Opaque Bright White” embossing powder. This will work best when you prepar the paper, before stamping, with an anti-static powder tool.
After stamping and heat embossing I die cut a banner shape from around this sentiment using one of the dies in the My Favorite Things “Slanted Sentiment Strips” die set.
Next I adhered my sentiment banner onto the project using liquid glue and one millimetre thick foam tape, wrapping it around the back on the left hand side and adhering it there using regular tape.
And to finish this fun project I now only have to adhere this whole topper onto my white linen textured card base using one millimetre thick foam tape!
And that is it for today’s project, I wish you a creative day!