Hi everyone, today I’m sharing another art journal project with you all! I started with a page that I created during a Gel Press printing session, you can find all the details about that here (mainly I used a print that had not much going on and I added one of the stamps in the JMA-NA-STAMP21 stamp set using a light colour paint, wash the stamp well afterwards)!
Next I stamped the Postcard Daisies background stamp (JMA-WAC-STAMP108) entirely and in parts using black ink and I heat embossed directly afterwards using clear embossing powder (because I stamped over the paint, which is plastic and non porous, this was the fastest way to move on). And I also created splatters using a Coliro Pearl Colour in Sterling Silver in combination with a brush.
Now that my background is ready I can work on my focal point: for this I stamped several of the images from the Primrose Elements stamp set (JMA-ES-STAMP139) onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth Surface paper using black ink and heat embossing directly afterwards using clear embossing powder. This way my lines stay black and crisp no matter how much water I add.
Onto the colouring process: for today’s colouring I’m using my Studio Light Markers (which are water based) and I used the colours: Deep Cosmos Purple, Blue Berry, Buttercup Yellow, Pineapple, Terra Cotta and Sap Green in combination with my waterbrush. After the colouring is done I added back in some highlights using a white gel pen and I fussy cut the images leaving a small border.
Next I can adhere the coloured and fussy cut images onto my journal page using one millimetre thick foam tape. I also picked my sentiment from the STICKERJMA04 sticker book (added some colour using the Deep Cosmos Purple marker) and adhered the sticker onto matching card stock and cut around it. Now I can adhere the sentiment onto the page also using one millimetre thick foam tape.
As my finishing touch I distressed the edges of my page lightly using and edge distresser tool and I added some black ink using a foam applicator tool and lastly I created a bit of depth under the flower images using a Derwent Inktense Paint colour in Sepia Ink in combination with a brush.
And that is it for today’s art journal project! I wish you a creative day!