Hi everyone, today I will share with you how I created the first page in my altered book journal that I showed you last week!
The first picture is what my blank page, before I started today’s project, looks like. Next I adhered some washi tape from my stash over the binding (because it came loose slightly). To create balance I also adhered some of this washi tape on the left and right page. You can use any washi tape you have that blends in with the background.
Next I picked a design paper from the JMA-WYS-PP34 paper pad that matches nicely with the colour of the paper I already had going on. I cut the paper in half. From the top and the bottom parts I will take of a bit later on, to make it fit the page. I find it easier to decide on this when my focal point is ready.
Now I can work on my focal point: I stamped the large image from the JMA-WYS-STAMP208 onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth Surface Paper using black ink and I heat embossed directly afterwards using clear embossing powder.
Next I created my focal point by cutting the image to the size I wanted using my scissors and a craft knife. When I know what I want the image to look like I start the colouring process and for this I used my JMA Light Markers in the colours: Green Grey 9, Bronze, Brown Grey, Pale Cream, Baby Blue and Peacock Blue; in combination with my water brush. After the colouring is done I added back in some highlights using a white gel pen.
I can now decide on my lay out and I cut the design paper I picked out before to the right size for my page. I also edged the design paper panels using Memento Ink in Nautical Blue in combination with a foam applicator tool.
To create a bit more distance between the background paper and the focal point I tore a piece of vellum (JMA-WYS-VES01) to size using a ruler and adhered the vellum on the back of the design paper using regular tape.
Onto the right hand page I added my text using one of the rub-on transfers from this collection (JMA-WYS-RUB02).
I adhered the pages into my journal using gel medium and a brush. I adhered the focal point onto the left hand page of the journal using one millimetre thick foam tape. And to finish the project I now only have to add some fun little details using stamps in the JMA-WYS-STAMP211 and JMA-WYS-STAMP210 stamp sets using black ink.
And that is it for today’s art journal project! I wish you a creative day!