Mother’s Day Card 2021



Hi everyone, today I would like to share this adorable Mother’s Day card with you all. Of course you can use this card design for any other themed card, just use a different stamped sentiment.


Now, I’m NOT going to explain how to create the sentiment wheel, there is a really good video where it is explained in detail (it’s in Dutch but you can see which items of the die set are used to create a similar project to the one that I create today). You can watch the video here:

https://www.hobbyvision.nl/nl/28-10-2020-janet-blaauw-crealies-draaikaart-met-lemoncraft-raspberry.html



To create the parts to put the sentiment wheel and the squire panels around it together I used the Crealies “Cardzz CLCZ303” Spinning Wheel Card die set ( https://www.crealies.nl/nl/product/cardzzclcz303 ). For my sentiments I picked stamps from the The Ton “Basic Sentiments” stamp set. Design paper is from my stash, use whatever you have and like.


After the base part was ready I stamped one of the butterflies from the Crafter’s Companion “Dreams take Flight” stamp set onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth Surface Paper using black ink and I heat embossed afterwards. This way my black lines stay black and crisp, no matter how much water I add.



Now I can colour the butterfly image: today I’m using my Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers.

Around the image I used the colour called Flint (which is a close match to the design paper I used).

For the body of the butterfly image I used Desert and Tan (later on I also added some Stickles “Platinum” to the body of the butterfly for some added sparkle).

For the wings I used a combination of Sage, Tulip, Begonia, Red Flame and Sepia.

Combined with the markers I used a waterbrush and I added about three layers of colour until I liked what I had (drying the paper in between each layer).



When the colouring was done I added in some highlights using a white gel pen and I fussy cut the image leaving a small border.


I used a craft coloured base card and adhered all the parts together, I used regular glue and one millimetre foam tape for this. The butterfly was adhered with only the body part so that the wings are standing up slightly.


Detail picture:



And that is it for today’s project! I wish you a creative day!