Hi everyone, today I’m showing you another Crealies guest design project (from a while ago) with some gorgeous Crealies flower stamps and today’s flower is the Orchid. In Dutch it’s called “orchidee”. Let’s get started!
I started my project by creating my card base in the size 16,5 x 10,2 cm (I used a normal sized slimline card base and trimmed it down to the above mentioned size). Next I used the middle size die in the “Crealies Mini Slimline J Smooth” die set (CLCZ90) and created a panel from watercolour paper (I used Crafter’s Companion Watercolour Card but you can use whatever you have).
Onto this panel I applied some TCW Light & Fluffy Modeling Paste using a palette knife over the Crealies “Barbara” stencil and let that dry. I let the pattern fade out to the left hand side!
Onto the flowers: I stamped the orchid flower image three times onto alcohol marker friendly paper in the same tint as my watercolour paper (white in my case, if you use a slightly more yellow watercolour paper than alcohol marker paper in a more yellow hue would look nicer, but by all means use what you have) using alcohol proof ink (this one is by Spectrum Noir).
Around the image I coloured with an alcohol marker in the same colour as the Pigment Colorzz nr 16 that I’m using on the background today (Spectrum Noir Illustrator in AB3). For the flower itself I’m using Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers in GB7, PV1, PV3, BP2 and GY3. After the colouring is done I’m adding back in some highlights using a white gel pen. And I fussy cut the images leaving a small border. From one of the flowers I’m cutting of the left hand top buds.
I created my sentiment by stamping one of the sentiments from the Crealies Text & Co stamp set CLTZDFJ03 using black ink and I stamped on the same paper my card base is from (the trimmed of part).
Around the sentiment I than die cut using the middle sized die in the Crealies Set of 3 CLSet28 Labels 2 die set.
Now I’m going to work on my background panel: I sprinkled some of the Pigment Colorzz nr. 16 onto the panel using a dry fan brush, focusing on the right hand side of the panel. I than sprayed the pigment with water which makes the colour run. When I liked what I had I dried my panel using my heat tool. If my colour run of too much to the left hand side I used a paper kitchen towel to dab of the excess. When dry I created large and small splatters using a paint brush. The more concentrated splatters look shiny, which is gorgeous.
Time to put my card together: I die cut a slightly larger watercolour panel using the largest die in the Mini Slimeline die set that I used before. I adhered both rectangle panels together using liquid glue. This combination I adhered onto my card base using one millimetre thick foam tape. And to finish my project I now only have to adhere the flower images and the sentiment on top using liquid glue and one millimetre thick foam tape.
I must say I totally love this cute but different card size, and it’s more workable than the original slimline sized cards!
And that is it for today’s guest design project! I wish you a creative day!
Used Crealies products:
- Stampzz 02 (designed by Mo’s Art UK).
Pigment Colorzz nr. 16