top of page

The Old Days Series: Neutral Aquarelle Baby Cards

Hi everyone, today I have this baby card set to show you: one card is for the new parents and one is for the grandmother. Since I didn’t knew the gender of the baby I decided on creating two gender neutral cards, so no pinks or blues today!

To get my cards started I die cut a square panel from some Terschelling Hot Pressed Aquarelbloc (300 gr.), you can use any watercolour paper you have though. On this panel I stamped the “Wee One“ image from Whimsy Stamps using Archival Ink in the colour “Jet Black“ (any waterproof ink will do). I also choose two of the sentiments from the Kaisercraft “Little One“ stamp set. Because this paper is a little textured I used my MISTI stamping tool to create a dark enough image for my liking. If you loose some details during the colouring process then you can always go over the lines again with, for example, a Copic MultiLiner (0.1), after the colouring is completely done!

Today’s card images are coloured with Aquarelle pencils, it’s my first project with them, so there is a little bit of a learning curve but I had a lot of fun whilst learning! I use two brands of pencils mainly because the brand I started with didn’t have all the colours I wanted. I used Caran d‘Ache “Museum Aquarelle“ and Faber Castell “Albrecht Dürer“ pencils (mostly the skin, pink and purple colours that I prefer are missing in the Caran d‘Ache aquarelle pencils that are available at the moment). I find that the Caran d ‘Ache pencils are a little creamier in general (except for Violet/120 which is extremely skretchy, for the price you pay for the Caran d ‘Ache ones this shouldn’t happen. The Faber Castell ones are more affordable).

I used the following colours:

For the green/yellow card: Caran d‘Ache: 015 / 245 / 719 / 010 / 240 / 065 / 571 / 065 / 004 / 049 / 808 / 055 ; and Faber Castell: 132 and 189.

For the purple/green card: Caran d‘Ache: 131 / 571 / 049 / 077 / 808 / 004 / 245 / 214 ; and Faber Castell: 132 / 189 / 136 and 137.

When the colouring was done I die cut a slightly larger square panel from matching card stock (green for one card and purple for the other) and adhered both panels together using liquid glue. Then the only thing I have to do to finish these cards is to adhere the combined panels to a crème coloured linen textured card base using one millimetre thick foam tape!

That’s it for today’s fun colouring project, I wish you a creative day!

bottom of page