Hi everyone, today I would like to share another fun wintry colouring project with you all. All mediums are Spectrum Noir. Let’s get started!
I started my card project by printing this digital image by Mo’s Digital Pencil called “Toy Shop Helper” onto alcohol marker friendly paper. Next I started colouring all the red parts of the image. Mo is showing on the website what an image can look like, you can also use this image to pick your colour combo’s or see where your highlights and shadows can go. I find this very helpful sometimes!
I used my Spectrum Noir Illustrator Alcohol markers for colouring the image: for my lightest red I picked PP3 and I mapped out, except for the face, where my darkest red colour will go. On the face this is as red as it will go!
Next I picked my middle tone, which is DR1, and defined my shadows more. Followed with the DR5 colour to deepen the shadows, adding more layers of alle three colours until I’m happy with how it looks.
For the skin I picked FS7 and TN1.
White is really never white white so to create depth in the white area’s I used my Brown Grey Series (BG1, BG2 and BG4) to give some depth and dimenstion to these area’s. Colouring around the entire image will also help with creating the illusion of white on the image.
Next are the green parts: I started with DG1, mapping out the darkest area’s, like I did with the red. I added in some CG3 and DG4 to deepen the shadowed area’s.
The hair is coloured with EB8 and his tool kit with GB1 and GB5.
Around the image I coloured with BG4 and GB4. After the colouring is done I added in some highlights using a white gel pen. Next I will fussy cut the image leaving a small border.
All the colours of Illustrator alcohol markers that I used on today’s project you can find HERE!
Now that my focal point is ready I can work on my background panel: for this I die cut a rectangle panel from white card stock and I stamped my sentiment using black ink ( the sentiment is from the Lili of the Valley stamp set called “Christmas Handwritten Phrases”).
Next I applied some Spectrum Noir Midas Metallic ink in the colour “Gold” over a stencil (this one is TCW727s) using a foam applicator tool and than I heat embossed using clear embossing powder to make the ink dry quicker. It also creates a shiny raised effect!
To create a bit more contrast between the coloured image and the background design I die cut a stitched circle shape from vellum.
I die cut a slightly larger rectangle panel from deep red card stock and adhered both rectangle panels together using liquid glue. This combination I adhered to a white linen textured card base using one millimetre thick foam tape.
And to finish my wintry card project I now only have to adhere the circle vellum piece and the coloured image on top using transparant tape runner for the vellum and one millimetre thick foam tape for the coloured image.
And that is it for today’s project! I wish you a creative day!