Hi everyone, today I have a card for you featuring a gorgeous digital stamp from The Paper Shelter. I love The Paper Shelter images because they have a lot of genres to choose from, there is something for everybody’s taste, and today I have this beauty for you, she’s called “Rebel“.
I started my card by printing this image onto Clairefontaine Digital Colour Printing (DCP) paper (190 gr). Then I die cut around the image using one of the rectangle nesting dies from my Crea-Nest-Lies XXL die set. This actually is the first time that I printed a digital stamp on something else then regular printer paper and I was so happy that my printer took this paper, that the printer ink is Copic friendly and that there was no bleeding during the colouring!
My next step is to colour this Rebel with my Copic Sketch Markers. I used the following colours:
E000, R00, E11, RV00, RV55, RV19, R89, G43, YG97, BG11, G16, B0000, N0, Y26, E27, E57 and E89. I also used my white Sakura Gelly Rol pen to bring back in some of the details that I lost during the colouring process. After I finished the colouring I applied some Glossy Accents on her glasses and set this panel aside to dry.
Then I started working on my background. I die cut a slightly larger mat then the panel with the image, using a stitched rectangle nesting die. For this I choose some matching green paper that I edged with Distress Ink in the colour “Frayed Burlap”.
I also die cut a panel from some flowery patterned paper from my stash using one of my stitched nesting dies and a slightly larger mat from some matching linen textured slightly shimmery brown card stock.
I didn’t want to cover up to much of the image so therefore I choose one of the tiny sentiments that come in the Altenew “Persian Motifs“ stamp set for my sentiment. I stamped the sentiment on some light craft coloured card stock using Versafine “Onyx Black“ ink and die cutting a banner from that using the smallest die in the Lawn Fawn “Everyday Sentiment Banners“ die set, edging the banner with Memento “Rich Cocoa“ ink.
To finish my card I just had to put everything together: I adhered the coloured image to the green mat, and also the bigger rectangle set of mats, using liquid glue. Then I adhered the smaller set of rectangle mats on top of the bigger set of rectangle mats using one millimetre thick foam tape and also adhered my banner this way, folding it around the back and adhering it on the back using regular tape. Then I took a white linen textured card base and adhered my project on there also using one millimetre thick foam tape.
Since the image is so cute I felt that this card didn’t needed anything else, so I declared this card finished!
It was a lot of fun to create this card, especially after working on two canvas projects for the International Tournament of Art & Craft in the past week! I guess I needed the change!
I hope you enjoyed and I wish you all a creative day!
I would like to submit this project to the following challenges:
- The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog: Lots of Layers:
- The Ribbon Girl Challenge Blog: Anything Goes Card challenge:
- Art Impressions: Off Kilter:
- Colour Crazy Challenge: Anything Goes:
- Stamplorations Challenge Blog: Stamps & Anything Goes:
- Noor Design Challenge Blog: Layers: