Masculine Mixed Media Card

26 Jan 2018

 

 

Hi everyone, today I have another fun masculine card to show you’ll and this time I took my inspiration from the Lindy’s Stamp Gang (LSG) January 2018 Challenge Graphic:

 

 

 

 

Step 1:

I started my project by choosing my focal image: I printed this image from the internet in a size that I liked. I distressed the edges of this image using an edge distresser. Then I die cut a slightly larger stitched square panel from some white card stock using one of my stitched square nesting dies and I coloured the panel using LSG “Steampunk Sepia“ Magical by applying the powder to the panel with a fan brush and adding water with a sprayer (focussing the colour on the edge), then drying the paper with a heat tool and repeating the process until I liked the outcome.

 

The same way I created the largest square panel for this card, only distressing the edge first before adding the colour to the panel.

 

 

Step 2:

Next I started working on the second to largest background panel by first die cutting a square from some white card stock using one of my nesting dies. Then I applied Finnabair by Prima Marketing “White Crackle Texture Paste“ using a palette knife , leaving some places bare and applying the paste thicker in some places than others, to create a variety in crackles. I let the paste air dry to create a nice crackle effect (if you dry the paste with your heat tool there will be less to none crackles).

 

When the panel was dry I flattened it in a book for about half an hour. Then I first added LSG  “Bavaria Blue“ Magical Shaker and water from a spray bottle, drying the panel with a heat tool and then adding LSG “Screamin‘ Banshee Black“ Magical also with a fan brush and adding water from a spray bottle and drying with my heat tool. This I repeated twice. You can repeat this more often but you have to be careful about handling the paper because when you are too ruff the texture paste can come of in some places!

 

I also tore a piece from a dictionary page in a shape that I liked and that’s slightly larger then the small stitched square (orange/rusty) die cut panel, to create another layer of interest to my project. I coloured this dictionary panel in the same way as I did with the texture paste panel (but without adding the texture paste).

 

 

Step 3:

Then I started working on a background element to ad more interest to my card: for this I die cut a frame of gears from some white card stock, using a Joy! Crafts die with number 6002/0367. I coloured the die cut first with LSG “Sea Grass Green“ Spray, drying in the panel, then adding LSG “Clam Bake Beige” Spray in some places, drying the panel and then applying VersaMark ink on some places and heat embossing with LSG “Twilight Bronze Slate“ Embossing Powder.

 

Before I put my project together I first worked on my sentiment: I used another piece of dictionary paper on which I applied a thin layer of watered down The Crafter’s Workshop “White Gesso“ (TCW9001) and when that was dry I stamped the sentiment from the StampingBella stamp set called “Vienna and her Vespa“ on the paper using Archival Ink in the colour “Jet Black“ and my MISTI. Next I die cut around the sentiment using the Clearly Besotted “Long Flag Die“.

 

 

Now I can put my card together: I adhered the focal image (with the car in the snow) to the stitched square (orange/rusty) panel using one millimetre foam tape, then I adhered the (dusty blue) dictionary piece of paper to these combined panels using liquid glue.

I adhered the panel with the texture paste to the large (orange/rusty) panel using liquid glue, then I adhered the frame of gears with some pieces of one millimetre foam tape (where you don’t see them but where they do ad a feel of dimension to my card) and also liquid glue and then I added the combined panels with the car on top of that using one millimetre thick foam tape.

 

 

I applied two millimetre thick foam tape on part of the banner with the sentiment, adhered the banner to my project and wrapped the top part around the back and adhered it there using regular tape.

As my base I choose a white linen textured card base. I applied VersaMark on some of the edges and heat embossed with the same Twilight Bronze Slate embossing powder that I used before, to create a more distressed look. When that was done I adhered the combined panels to the card base using one millimetre thick foam tape.

 

 

And to finish this fun project I adhered some sequins in matching colours and different sizes using Ranger Medium Matte (the blue ones are from my local craft store and the orange/rusty ones are from Cartwright’s Sequins (the colour name is “Satin Copper“)!

 

 

I love how this project came together! Until the next time I wish you’ll a creative day!

 

I would like to submit this project to the following challenge:

- Lindy’s Stamp Gang: January 2018 Challenge:

https://lindysgang.blog/2018/01/01/lindys-january-challenge/

- SSS Wednesday Challenge: Layer it Up;

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-layer/

- Deep Ocean Challenge: Let it Snow:

http://deepoceanchallengeblog.blogspot.nl/2018/01/challenge-173-let-it-snow.html

- Southern Girls Challenge: Circle Embellishments:

http://southerngirlschallenge.blogspot.nl/2018/01/round-and-round-mulberry-bush-team-lou.html

- Creative Artiste Challenge: Anything Mixed Media  Goes:

http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.nl/2018/01/welcome-to-creative-artiste-challenge-34.html

- We Love 2 Create: Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes:

http://welove2create.blogspot.nl/2018/01/love-2-create-challenge-4-anything.html

- More Mixed Media Challenge: Anything Goes, optional blue:

http://moremixedmediachallenge.blogspot.nl/2018/01/more-mixed-media-challenge-anything.html

 

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Recent Posts
Please reload

© 2016 by Make Your Life Colourful