Hi everyone, today I would like to show you my take on this month’s Lindy’s Stamp Gang Challenge Mood Board. I decided on creating a card that is suitable for several occasions and I used some hibiscus flower images as my focal point.
This is what this month’s mood board looks like:
Now, let’s get started!
I wanted to use Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magical Shaker in “Frozen Jack Frost“ on my project but since it’s white you don’t really see this colour on a white background. So, that’s why I decide to use a craft coloured background as my base (you wouldn’t have guessed that from the picture, didn't you?)
After die cutting a square panel in the size that I wanted, from some craft coloured card stock, I applied some The Crafter’s Workshop “Gloss Gel Medium“ over a The Crafter’s Workshop stencil called “Skylight“ (TCW801s) using a palette knife and then set that aside to dry. The gel medium will give me texture on my project but it’s completely transparent, so the craft colour is visible underneath.
Next I’m adding the “Frozen Jack Frost“ magical to my project and spraying with water, which makes the colour run. This I did several times. The end result wasn’t really what I hoped for (sorry for not taking a picture at that stage, I was too busy thinking how to rescue my nice background design).
So, I decided to ad some “Time Travel Teal“ Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magical, using a fan brush, spraying with water, which makes the colour run and drying when I liked what I had. This I repeated until I was happy with my background again. Now it looks like a vintage tile I feel. And you can still see how the white colour mixed with the teal colour which I like. I added a fun extra detail to my background by splattering with Coliro Pearl Colors by Finetec GmbH in “Pink” and let that dry.
Then I’m working on my focal points. I stamped one of the flower images from the “Aloha Spirit“ stamp set by Create a Smile several times onto Strathmore “Bristol Smooth Surface“ paper using Versafine “Onyx Black Ink“ and clear heat embossing afterwards. This way the black lines stay nice and crisp.
Next I coloured each flower using Lindy’s Stamp Gang Spray in “Hottie Patottie Hot Pink“, Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magical in “Tears on my pillow Tangerine“, “Bonjour Butter“ and “Time Travel Teal” (that I used before), using a small brush.
When dry I added back in some highlights using a white Gelly Roll pen and then I fussy cut all the flowers using my Fiskars scissors and leaving a small border.
I felt I needed a bit more contrast between de dark background and the bright flowers so I took some cheesecloth, cut two pieces and coloured them a bit with some Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magical in “Steel Shimmer“ (not opaque, just a hint of colour on some places). In the final project picture you can see that the cheesecloth peaks out from underneath the flowers and leaves here and there.
Although the stamp set that I used for the flowers comes with leaves I decided on die cutting the leaves and adding embossing powder to them, for some added interest. I die cut several leaves from some cheap watercolour paper using the Gummiapan “Small Monstera“ die. Then I added VersaMark to the leaves and heat embossed with two layers of Lindy’s Stamp Gang “Midnight Teal“ (which is an awesome colour of embossing powder by the way) and then one layer, on some places (on top of the teal), using Lindy’s Stamp Gang embossing powder in “Cleopatra’s Copper“.
For my sentiment I choose one of the sentiments from the Lili of the Valley stamp set called “Handwritten Phrases“. I stamped the sentiment on vellum using the same black ink as before and clear heat embossing afterwards. Then I cut a strip from the vellum using a craft knife.
Now I can finally put my card together: I die cut a slightly larger square panel from some matching orange card stock and adhered both square panels together using liquid glue. Then I created a design that I liked on top using the flowers, the leaves and the cheese cloth, adhered all these elements using liquid glue and two millimetre thick foam tape and then wrapped the vellum sentiment over the top and adhered on the back, on both sides, using regular tape.
All I have to do now to finish my card is to adhere all of this to a crème coloured linen textured card base using one millimetre thick foam tape!
Some detail pictures:
And that’s it for today’s fun card project, I hope your enjoyed and I wish you a creative day!