Hi everyone, today I have a quick and easy card project for you for which I used a gorgeous Lindy’s Stamp Gang blue coloured spray! Let’s get started!
The card base for the project that I’m creating today is a different size then usual: folded it’s about 22,9 x 10,1 centimetres and the card base is made out of craft coloured card stock.
First I’m cutting a piece of watercolour paper in the size 22,0 x 9,2 centimetres and on this panel I stamp two sentiments: one is from the Taylored Expressions “Another Year Older” stamp set and one is from the Kaisercraft “Scrap Yard” stamp set. I used Archival Ink in “Jet Black” and my MISTI to stamp the sentiments with on the left hand side of the panel. On the right hand side I stamped the Kaisercraft “Hessian” background stamp using the same black ink.
Next I’m applying some The Crafter’s Workshop “Modeling Paste” over a The Crafter’s Workshop stencil called “Newport Tiles” (TCW805s) using a palette knife and set that aside to dry.
Next I’m adding some gorgeous blue Lindy’s Stamp Gang Spray in “Bachelor Button Blue”. I apply the colour using a brush and then spraying the panel with water, which makes the colour run. When I was happy with how it looked I dried the panel with my heat tool. This I repeated several times until the colour is dark enough for my liking (I want to create a contrast between the left hand and the right hand side of the panel without loosing the connection of the panel being one piece! )
Because of the added blue colour the background stamp wasn’t as visible any more as before so I stamped with VersaMark ink on top and then heat embossed using some gorgeous Lindy’s Stamp Gang “Midnight Gold” embossing powder.
Then I’m creating a mat from some matching grey coloured card stock (in the size 22,5 x 9,7 centimetres) and stamped the background stamp that I used on the watercolour panel on both the grey card stock and the craft coloured card base. Next I adhered the watercolour panel and the grey panel together using liquid glue and wrapped some jute cord around the combined panels and adhered on the back using regular tape.
This combination I adhere to my craft coloured card base using one millimetre thick foam tape.
As my focal point I choose some Syta van Gelderen images from one of her image sheets and cut them out. Then I created some mats for these images and adhered them together using liquid glue.
And to finish my project I adhered the focal points on top of the jute cord and each other using one millimetre thick foam tape!
I totally love how this handyman birthday card turned out!
Some detail pictures:
I wish you a creative day!