Hi everyone, today I would like to show you my inspiration for the Lindy’s Stamp Gang March Color Challenge. As you can see the colours is this month’s mood board are quite light and muted.
I decided on creating a masculine birthday card! So let’s get started!
First I die cut a rectangle panel two sizes smaller then my card base. I adhered a TCW stencil called "Dotted Rings" temporarily over this panel and then I applied some The Crafter’s Workshop “Light & Fluffy Modeling Paste”, using a palette knife, over the stencil, carefully removed it and while the modeling paste is still wet I sprinkled some Lindy’s Stamp Gang “Queen Sheba’s Silver” embossing powder over the panel, removed the excess and then set aside to dry.
After drying I heat embossed the embossing powder like you would normally do.
Once this was done I edged this panel with VersaMark Ink (putting the ink pad directly to the edge of the card stock) and heat embossed using Lindy’s Stamp Gang “Pop Rock Purple” embossing powder.
To create a bit more interest in the background I splattered with Lindy’s Stamp Gang Spray in “Edelweiss Moss Green” and Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magical in “Steel Shimmer” mixed with water. I used a brush to add the splatters to my project.
As my focal point I choose a Deep Red stamp called “VW Bug”. I stamped the image on Strathmore “Bristol Smooth Surface” paper using Versafine “Onyx Black” ink and I heat embossed afterwards using Lindy’s Stamp Gang “Clearly Clear” embossing powder. This way the lines stay crisp and black even when I add water.
Then I coloured the image using the same colours that I used for the background, being: “Edelweiss Moss Green” Spray and “Steel Shimmer” Magical (mixed with water in a palette), in combination with a small brush.
When the colouring was done I fussy cut the VW Bug leaving a small white border.
To create a background for my VW Bug I tore a piece of dictionary paper in a shape and size that I liked. I added the “Steel Shimmer” colour to the paper to make it less white and look more aged and when I was happy I splattered on the paper using the same colour and a brush. I also edged this paper using Memento ink in “Gray Flannel” and a foam applicator tool.
Next I worked on my sentiment: this particular one is from a stamp set by Taylored Expressions called “Another Year Older”. I stamped it on white card stock using black ink and then die cut a banner from it using a Gummiapan die set called “Stitched Banners”. Then I adhered the banner to a soft lavender coloured piece of card stock and fussy cut around it.
For my rectangle panel that I created before, I die cut a slightly larger panel using a muted green card stock. This panel I edged with Gina K Designs ink in “Jelly Bean Green” and a foam applicator tool.
Then I’m ready to put my card together: I adhered the two rectangle panels together using liquid glue. Next I adhered the dictionary paper using see through tape runner and the VW Bug image op top using one millimetre thick foam tape. I also adhered the sentiment banner using foam tape, wrapping it around the back and adhering there using regular tape.
Now the only thing I have to do to finish my card is to adhere this combination to a white linen textured card base using one millimetre thick foam tape.
I wish you a creative day.