Hi everyone, I love to combine different stamp sets to make my craft supplies more versatile and last longer, I mix different brands or stamps by the same company, whatever goes well together. Today I’m using a beautiful Studio Light flower stamp set (STAMPSL381) but there are no leaves included in this set, so I decided to mix them with the leaves from another Studio Light stamp set (STAMPSL379) to make a fun project! The images all coloured with the wonderful Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers.
I stamped the flower images onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth Surface Paper using Versafine “Onyx Black” ink and clear heat embossing afterwards. Then I coloured the flowers with my first thin layer, deciding where my highlights and shadows should go, using the Spectrum Noir Aqua Marker in Purple in combination with an aqua brush.
Then I added some darker layers using the Red Violet Aqua Marker, working in layers until I like how dark the colour is.
To the hearts of the flower I added some Yellow and Gold Aqua Marker and around the image some Aquamarine and then I fussy cut the images leaving a small border.
Next I stamped the leaves on a separate sheet of paper, first fussy cutting them out and deciding on my lay out.
Why did I created my lay out first before adding colour to the leaves? I wanted to know what part of the leaves would be up, so that I knew what part to add my highlight to.
Then I coloured the leaves using the Fern Spectrum Noir Aqua Marker. I also added in some highlights using a white Gelly Roll Pen.
All of today’s Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers are from the following sets: Primary and Botanicals.
For my background panel I die cut a rectangle panel, two sizes smaller then my card base using some crème coloured linen textured card stock. On this panel I first stamped my sentiment, using the same black ink as before and for this I choose a sentiment from the Clearly Besotted stamp set “Happy Birthday”.
Then I applied some Imagination Crafts Sparkle Medium in “Lapis Blue” over a The Crafter’s Workshop stencil (TCW5005) using a palette knife and set this aside to dry.
I used a crème coloured linen textured card base and cut a mat from some matching aqua coloured vellum, slightly smaller then my card base. I adhered the coloured vellum panel to the first panel that I created before using liquid glue and then adding the flowers and leaves on top using one millimetre thick foam tape. The stems of the leaves I folded around the back and adhered there using regular tape.
And all I have to do now to finish my card is to adhere this combination to the card base using one millimetre thick foam tape.
And that’s it for today’s fun little card project! I wish you a creative day!