Hi everyone, today I have a fun and easy card project for you: I’m using the Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers to created a stamped image! I showed you this technique a couple of weeks ago, but this is a more in depth tutorial with more pictures.
I first took a piece of paper : this is some crème coloured linen textured card stock. Usually I first die cut this paper into a panel with the right shape and size (two sizes smaller then my card base). Because of the sentiment that I’m using, which is a rubber stamp, I’m not sure up front if it’s stamped completely straight, that’s is why I first stamped and then die cut a panel from it for today’s card.
This sentiment stamp is by Quietfire Design and is called “If Nothing Ever Changed”. I stamped with black ink and using my MISTI, so that I could repeatedly stamp over the same text when necessary because this paper is slightly textured. You can use any stamping tool you have, the idea is that you can stamp several times over the same image.
Then I decided where my butterfly image should go: this is a stamp by Studio Light with the number CLINGSL08. I placed it in the spot on the paper where I wanted the image to go.
Then I closed the door of the MISTI to pick up the stamp and then I started to add my first colour directly to the cling stamp with the large nib of the Spectrum Noir Aqua Marker in Sepia. I only added this colour to the body of the butterfly.
After adding the colour to the stamp I breath on the stamp to add moisture and stamp on the paper.
My second colour is Fuchsia, you can see in the picture to what area’s of the butterfly I added this colour, each time I add colour directly with the large nib of the marker to the stamp, breath on the stamp to add moisture and then stamp on the paper.
My third colour is Magenta, which colour I added to the rest of the butterfly.
I repeated each step and each colour until I liked how deep the colour was (it took two to three times for each colour).
All of the colours on today’s project are from the Spectrum Noir Aqua Marker sets in Essentials, Primary and Botanicals.
Then I made sure that the die cut around the image using a rectangle die made the sentiment look straight.
To finish the card I adhered this panel to a deep red coloured panel, slightly larger then my first panel, adhered both panels together using liquid glue and adhered this combination to a crème coloured linen textured card base using one millimetre thick foam tape.
And that’s it for today’s project! I wish you a creative day!