Hi everyone, today I would like to show you my inspiration for the Lindy’s Stamp Gang September Color Challenge mood board. The purple gray colour made me think of elephant’s, so I decided to arrange my card around an elephant stamp that I have in my stash.
This is what this month’s mood board looks like:
I stamped this Wild Rose Studio image onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth Surface paper using Versafine “Onyx Black” ink and I clear heat embossed afterwards, this way the lines stay crisp and black.
Then I started colouring the image with some gorgeous Lindy’s colours, water, and a small brush. I transfer some of the powder to my palette using a fan brush and then add water to create a watercolour paint. The first two colours that I used are LSG Magical in “Gag me with a Spoon Gray” (which has a purple ting) and “Bling-Y Blonde”.
I decided to add a bit more purple to the elephant using LSG Magical in “Pop Rock Purple”, also using this colour as a shadow in the flower. For the heart of the flower I used an combination of LSG Spray in “Tea Pot Purple” and Magical in “Blue Hawaiian Blue” (to create the periwinkle blue colour that I see in the mood board). This mixture, very watered down, I also used around the entire image.
You can add more layers of the previously used colours until you like how it looks!
When the colouring is done I add some highlights using a white Gelly Roll Pen and then I fussy cut the image leaving a small border.
For my background I die cut a rectangle panel two sizes smaller then my card base. I applied some TCW “Light & Fluffy Modeling Paste” over a TCW stencil called “Garden Frame” (TCW826) and set that aside to dry.
When dry I added the mixture of periwinkle blue colour (“Tea Pot Purple” with “Blue Hawaiian Blue”) to the panel, using a brush, spraying with water and drying when I liked what I had. This I repeated until I was happy. Then I added some “Pop Rock Purple” (to brighten it a bit) and finally I splattered with the “Bling-Y Blonde” and “Tea Pot Purple” colour.
Most of my cards contain a sentiment, but I loved the background and I didn’t feel it needed one, so no sentiment for this card!
Now I’m ready to put my card together: I die cut a slightly larger panel from matching card stock and adhered both panels together using liquid glue. Then I adhered the elephant image on top using one millimetre thick foam tape. And to finish my project I adhered this combination to a creme coloured linen textured card base using one millimetre thick foam tape.
And that’s it for today’s fun card project! I wish you a creative day!